DD-WRT Uploading troubles over wireless

hubs99

I was wondering if anyone is using DD-wrt on a Buffalo WHR-54S with utorrent. I can download seemingly fine but I just can not seem to upload properly. It registers there are tons of people leeching but it does not seem to connect to these people and upload to the full extent of my connection ability (40k/sec)... One port is being forwarded by UPnP.

Also it does not seem as if the uploading is being properly registered to the tracker.

I am trying to upload over a wireless connection. I am not sure if that makes a difference.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Wireless ISPs are notoriously anal about people wasting their bandwidth uploading torrent files.

Even if that's not the issue, wireless as a rule simply cannot handle as many ip-to-ip connections as wired ethernet. 100 total/global connections may even be more than it can handle.

Have you tried enabling/forcing protocol encryption?

If you're physically far away from the router, the data being transmitted by the radio waves could be getting corrupted by wireless devices in the house (phones, microwaves, televisions, etc), meaning you send and receive bad packets and get a lower data speed.

Or your router might not support too many active connections.

Archived