utorrent disrupts computer

Sopraed

I was successfully running utorrent, when my computer suddenly terminated operating software and a blue screen appeared warning that if my computer continued operating, that serious damage could occur to my hardware. It also said something about the cause of the fault being related to either hardware or software.

Upon normally rebooting windows without a problem, as requested to do so at the blue screen, i got these errors:

C:\DOCUME~1\Dean\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER94b3.dir00\Mini092906-01.dmp

C:\DOCUME~1\Dean\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER94b3.dir00\sysdata.xml

BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : 0103AFF6 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000

BCP4 : F1998110 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

does anyone know what this means? do i have some faulty memory or sectors on my HD or something?

this was the first time i ran utorrent, and it was running fine for 1.5 hours until the abrupt halt. i think the computer performed a memory dump, i can't quite remember. but all of this happened in less than one second. the blue screen also advised that if this happens again that i should get my comp checked out. i am assuming that utorrent is the cause of this, but it may not be, though given it was the first time i used it, and it was the first time my comp blanked out like this, i just assume it was utorrent, but it might not be related because i did have problems today with connecting to the internet, so my computer might have some virus, but that seems unlikely.

can somebody please help me.

thanks

i can't remember exactly what the blue screen said, except that it said something about my hardware being seriously damaged if my computer kept operating, so i was instructed to reboot, and on reboot the comp is fine. i have found a reference in wikipedia to the 'blue screen'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Screen_of_Death

That is what i had on my comp. what it actually means i guess is contained in what i first posted:

C:\DOCUME~1\Dean\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER94b3.dir00\Mini092906-01.dmp

C:\DOCUME~1\Dean\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER94b3.dir00\sysdata.xml

BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : 0103AFF6 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000

BCP4 : F1998110 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

i don't know what this stuff means.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you.

Thanks for your concern. I think the problem was to do with the fact that i allowed my connections to get too high and it must have overloaded my modem and crashed it, or before it crashed or got damaged or something my computer must have just went to the blue screen. I'm pretty sure that this was the problem, as i've capped my connections now and it's fine. I did not know this was even an issue until i accidentally came across it and saw that i had the default 1,000 global connections setting, and once i limited that, it is running fine now. I'll assume that was the cause of the problem unless it hapens again. I don't know exactly what was said on the blue screen, i think it must have been a generic form, but i do think it mentioned something about drivers, about some driver perhaps not being correct or something.

thanks for your help!!

Archived