pg2 + utorrent

LighTer

ok guys im starting to be a little suspicious about this client now.

i use bc and pg2 on a specific torrent and BOOM its blocking lots of ips and all.

so i use same torrent on utorrent and pg2 and BLANK, it doesnt zap any ips at all. so what is the deal and the story behind this?

Or maybe you should be suspicious of the other client that's trying to connect to those blocked IPs? I seriously doubt that µTorrent would try to circumvent the "protection" that PG2 provides (and it would probably be a tad bit difficult to do so, since the packets are blocked at the kernel-driver level).

I don't know what else to say -- I don't use PG2 (or any other IP-range blocking utility).

Or maybe you should be suspicious of the other client that's trying to connect to those blocked IPs? I seriously doubt that µTorrent would try to circumvent the "protection" that PG2 provides (and it would probably be a tad bit difficult to do so, since the packets are blocked at the kernel-driver level).

I don't know what else to say -- I don't use PG2 (or any other IP-range blocking utility).

is it chinese ip's? because their has been rumors that bitcomet tries to connect to ips that belongs to ranges known to be used by chinese spammers/hackers.

PG2 has a blank window simply b/c it has NOT blocked anything yet. It's a rock-solid program and will do its job. If you feel unsure, enable "Block HTTP" in PG2 and try to visit a site that would be blocked(RIAA, MPAA, etc). If you have those entries appear in your PG2 window and those sites are infact blocked, then PG2 is working.

boo has a very good point. While running BitComet, you will get tons of blocked entries(Chinanet, China..., etc) within PG2 ...which is not the case while running utorrent.

boo has a very good point. While running BitComet, you will get tons of blocked entries(Chinanet, China..., etc) within PG2 ...which is not the case while running utorrent.

Thats true.. Utorrent comes as a clean sftware.. I got same prbs with bitcomet.. For max security if u want to, u can enable the extra Urls for bluetak in Pg2.. :twisted:

I'm not sure that you want to download anything from Methlabs. The last I heard, they had been hijacked, then disbanded and reorganized as Phoenix Labs.

http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=913

http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=929

The Phoenix Labs site is currently under construction. I just started an update of my PG2, but it was downloading something from Methlabs, so I cancelled it. Don't know if it's safe or not.

heh, notice that you guys doesn't follow the news, meth and d3f got the domains etc back from cerb and that was like 3-4 weeks ago.

If you download pg2 from http://sourceforge.net/projects/peerguardian then you're ok.

The site, phoenixlabs.org (after meth and d3f got the domains back, they had those domain to redirect people to the new domain),

is down because of DNS problems. Which should be fixed in a few days

Archived