Problem with Queue Settings

torena

I have the following settings:

Maximum number of active torrents (upload or download): 12

Maximum number of active downloads: 9

Because I can only usually get about 40k upstream I want to complete my seeding requirement as fast as possible so I'm not wasting time uploading to slower connections. My problem is that after each item downloads, it immediately beings seeding. I no longer have any queued seeds. I have 30 things seeding, and when my husband and I are using our network I lower my upload speed to 10k. For the time being I have been pausing all but the three highest ratios but god forbid I have to reboot or restart the program or SOMETHING. Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?

Thanks!

I'm not forcing any jobs. I'm averaging 1135/314 on my speed test. According to the guide, my upload limit should be 92kB/sec, upload slots of 6, connections per torrent of 100, connections global of 600, max active torrents 6 with a max active download of 5. It's great that I'm maximizing my speed here, but that wasn't my question. I just want to know why I have 30 seeds running with none queued, even when my max torrents are 12 and download is 9, which means that only 3 seeds should be running with the other 27 as queued seeds.

How many of them are considered "Inactive" by µTorrent, and do you have queue.dont_count_slow_ul enabled? My guess is that they're all (or most of them are) considered inactive (aka uploading at less than 1KiB/s), which explains it.

I'm currently staring at 8 seeding torrents (and increasing by the minute, even though my queue settings are set to have only 3 simultaneous torrent jobs) because of that very fact.

torena, you misread the speed guide. You should use the setting that closely matches your UPLOAD speed, not your download speed. That would probably be the xx/256k setting...though you could then raise your upload speed to 30-35 KB/sec.

There's a checkbox under queueing that says:

"Seeding tasks have higher priority than downloading tasks"

If you check that, once you reach max active torrents...your torrents should seed till they reach the "Seed While" ratio limit (or time limit), then get queued so other torrents can start.

...If you have the speed when torrent reaches seeding goal to 0 KB/sec enabled, the torrents will seed till ratio is reached then stop.

I already told him to re-run the Speed Guide, but he doesn't care about it =T And the only explanation there is for this behavior is if he's uploading at 0KiB/s for every torrent, and hence they're considered "inactive" by µTorrent (which µTorrent then ignores as being a part of the queue, hence starting other torrent jobs). Otherwise, µTorrent will obey regular queue settings.

How many of them are considered "Inactive" by µTorrent, and do you have queue.dont_count_slow_ul enabled? My guess is that they're all (or most of them are) considered inactive (aka uploading at less than 1KiB/s), which explains it.

That fixed it. :D Thanks, Ultima!

Also, thanks to Switeck for the info on the speed guide. I figured it was the other way around from my DSL tech support days (1024/768 = 1024 down/ 768 up vs. xx/## in the Speed Guide).

She, btw. I'm a she. :D

Archived