Allow changing of file names?

dos

ok i have to say it again - ability to change folder or file name is very important feature, and only bitcomet does it..
why is it important ;)

ok - eg when im downloading some album i d like rename folder to way i use : band/album (label, year). l d like to keep my data well sorted..

instead of it i usualy i usualy get something else...

turtlesrock: you CAN change name of new folder... but cant change name of folder you are downloading...

turtlesrock: you CAN change name of new folder... but cant change name of folder you are downloading...

Really? I must be doing something wrong then :( How do you change the new folder name? Every time I download a torrent that uses a folder, it opens up the "Pick a folder" tree list. I see no option of naming it something other than what the torrent thinks the folder name should be...

You can't change the name of the file or the folder created, but you can change the folder it's put into. If you changed that, then you wouldn't be able to seed, since the folder/file name is specified in the torrent, and the client wouldn't normally know that folder belonged to the torrent.

That's what I thought. But, if uTorrent were to somehow be able to link the new foldername with the foldername specified in the torrent, that would totally kick butt. Something in the resume.dat file that says that TorrentA is originally downloading to OrigFolder but the user has chosen to download it to NewFolder, so all files should be downloaded to NewFolder. I think I've only seen 1 other bt client do that, but I can't remember which client it was.

most torrents i get are directories, so this is of no use...

it would be nice for both to be added. directories and files. (ideally i would just rename the torrent being downloaded and it would rename the folder utorrent is downloading into)

I agree, changing folder names and possibly filenames of the files inside (could be done by pressing F2 in the "files"-tab) would be a great feature.

There is also still the issue that the interface doesn't correctly display the filenames if you choose a different one for single-file-torrents, which can be quite irritating (see here)

bye

Creat

ideally i would just rename the torrent being downloaded and it would rename the folder utorrent is downloading into

It doesn't work like that... The foldername is specified in the torrent itself. It's not necessarily the same as the file name of the torrent.

Bye

Creat

i DEFINATELY agree with this feature. this has to be second most useful feature to me in a BT Client. some of the names that ppl use for there files are just extremely annoying. like for videos i dont want to see a filename "Movie.Xvid.DVDRip.DoNe.avi" when it could be just "Movie.avi"

i too like my file names to be neat and tidy but yet still be able to seed them.

I'd just appreciate being able to see the filename of the torrent itself listed in the window. Because most of the torrents I get are directory-based ones, all I get is the name of the folder - so after a while it's hard to tell which torrent is which!

I'd just appreciate being able to see the filename of the torrent itself listed in the window. Because most of the torrents I get are directory-based ones, all I get is the name of the folder - so after a while it's hard to tell which torrent is which!

And if it is multi-files torrent ? You have the files-tab bellow. BUT - being able to give is whatever name you like - will solve your problem...

I actually mean the name of the torrent... so a lot of my torrent downloads are TOSEC sets, so I'd prefer to have it listed as something like TOSEC Amiga (2005-10-09) or whatever rather than just as TOSEC in my list. I don't actually need the ability to rename files so much, just to change what name is displayed for the torrent in my list.

I actually mean the name of the torrent... so a lot of my torrent downloads are TOSEC sets, so I'd prefer to have it listed as something like TOSEC Amiga (2005-10-09) or whatever rather than just as TOSEC in my list. I don't actually need the ability to rename files so much, just to change what name is displayed for the torrent in my list.

if i understand you - name displayed for the torrent in your list - must be name of the folder or file (if its not folder based torrent) - and this is what i want to rename...

• 3 months later...

^ I was kinda tricked into voting "yes" on this subject on the list... you REALLY need to change the link in your sig. <_<

I do agree with it though, at least, as far as I can understand it. I can put it into whatever folder I want already, but associating files in a torrent with different on-disk filenames would be a nice feature (e.g you already renamed 302_-_the_end_of_the_world(aps)-_-FooVilleRippers.mp3 to CD3\02 - The End Of The World.mp3).

Still need to fix that sig, though, find a better link... I wish I could PM you or an admin about that, but there's no PM on this board. :lol:

Archived