Allow changing of file names?

dos

• 1 year later...

Many times I download the content from one place (public) and share it at another (private tracker) or share it on serveral private trackers. In order to keep all the torrents going, and to be sharing in multiple communities I also would appreciate the feature to be able to rename the files in the torrent. Preferably in both the add torrent dialog and in the detailed menu file list.

Thanks, would be a lovely addon to uTorrent 1.7

• 1 year later...

I am also looking for this feature. Not only do I want to be able to change the folder name of the torrent I am downloading, I also want to change the names of the files that are within that folder. It would be a world of help if this were implemented, so that I can organize my files while seeding instead of being tempted to stop seeding and deleting the torrent in order to organize my files.

• 1 month later...

This might get a bit repetitive...but it counts as another vote.

I use uTorrent. I don't like any other BitTorrent client, they're all too bulky. I'm also a nut when it comes to organising downloaded files. This causes uTorrent to lose track of where I put the files, or even if in the same folder, and I can't seed.

Now I know that there's a way to Relocate and Rename files in uTorrent 1.8, but that's only before you start downloading the files. In case you rename or relocate the files while downloading or seeding the file, it downloads the file all over again. I think it would be easy for the developers to add this tiny little thing.

All I want is a way to rename/relocate existing downloaded files, without corrupting the torrents, so that I can continue seeding, because I feel kind of guilty when I just download, seed to 150% and leave it at that. I think of those souls who can't get files, because people aren't seeding. I'm really into the spirit of BitTorrent, and if my electricity bills allowed, I would seed (and download) 24/7. I really hope the developers add this feature.

• 1 year later...

Archived