Some "upload" killing my download every so often.

Invy

I'm going to try and make this short and simple.

First let me say that I have my utorrent upload capped at about 32 kB/sec while im downloading. My max upload is about 50 kB/sec... so I have plenty of upload 'headroom' before it is supposed to saturate my downloading.

102200673551pmkv5.png

red = download

yellow = upload

The screenshot is from a little program called NetMeter that I always use... The distance between those dotted vertical lines you see is exactly 1 minute for your information.

Now, if you look closely, you can see a spike of upload right before my download drops almost completely. That upload spikes up to around 200 kB/sec in case you were wondering.

Anyone have any idea what is causing this spike of "uploading", and consequently, dropping of my download speeds? I say 'uploading' in parentheses because it's not actually uploading data, but rather it is just network traffic of some sort.

It's not anything wrong with my connection, I can say that much. But this is the first time i've noticed this using the newest build of utorrent.

I have WebUI enabled, but i'm not using it. I just disabled it and problem still persists. By the way, in case you didn't notice those drops in my download is pretty consistent. (exactly every 60 seconds as i've mentioned).

Hmm... well, I lowered the amount of connections per torrent and the problem seems to have gone almost completely away. I changed it from 500 to 250.

I usually always have it at around 750 on a torrent with lots of seeds/peers. I don't know why this has happened all of a sudden. Seems pretty odd :(

Could it have anything to do with the tracker that I am downloading it from?

I would really like to know what exactly is causing the spikes though.

Archived