Unable to map UPnP port [ 1.6.1 build 482 | Dlink DGL-4300 ]

Creamyg123

Hi,

I have been using 1.5 for a long time now because of a strange problem regarding UnPnP. Whenever I try and use 1.6+ I cannot get upnp working, with 1.5 it happens automatically, no problems.

The reason I need 1.6.1 is because my ISP has started shaping download based on certain ports and I am getting abysmal download speeds, therefore I need some encryption. Even without ports properly forwarded I am getting 100kbs download, which is a lot better than 1.5.

My question is, does anyone have the same router? Port Forwarding never seems to work on this model and upnp has been the easiest method for a long time.

Thanks!

Protocol Encryption came with 1.5, not 1.6, so I'm not sure how 1.6 would help over 1.5 in that respect. Anyway, UPnP was changed between 1.5 and 1.6 from the Windows XP implementation to ludde's own. If it's stopped working, the only thing you can do if you want to stick to 1.6 is to try forwarding manually again. Did you set up a static IP when forwarding your port?

Yes, DMZ is FAR more vulnerable than UPnP...and UPnP is slightly more vulnerable than manual port forwarding. (Some might argue otherwise about UPnP versis manual...but I don't trust Microsoft or µTorrent to always handle UPnP correctly, whereas manual port forwarding only the router "worries" about it.)

GOOGLE everything you can about your router, try D-Link's website for manuals.

It should work even firewalled...but you mentioned it didn't?

Archived