Router w/ Thibor15c Firmware error: semaphore timeout period expired

bobthemole

I installed utorrent on sunday. Speed was very variable. Anything from 5 kb/s download to 50. Then this morning all 5 of my torrents have stopped.

The error is: "The semaphore timeout period has expired."

I've googled around a lot and it looks like this can be caused by a variety of different things. I doubled checked my settings in the utorrent preferences. According to this guide: http://www.utorrent.com/setup_guide.php everything should be configured correctly.

I have excluded the possibility that the torrents are bad by testing the slackware download which also leads to the same error.

I then came across the utorrent FAQ, and on reading the "Special note for users with Linksys WRT54G/GL/GS routers, there are severe problems with them when running any P2P app (read for fix)" and I have a Linksys WRT54G v3.1 router so I proceeded to upgrade my firmware to HyperWRT G Thibor15c.

The upgrade went smoothly. As I have the latest version of Thibor it would seem that any drop in performance caused by the router should now no longer be experienced (i.e. the extra startup script code isn't necessary). Yet my torrents won't resume downloading and I'm still presented with the semaphore error after restarting utorrent.

What am I missing?

Alechiko

DWK thanks, that makes more sense. Ok, so say i clear up some space on my local disc. How would I go about transferring the torrents (and what has been downloaded so far) to my local disc, and then how would I tell utorrent that this was the new location and that it should pick up from where it left off?

Archived