Restart uTorrent via WebUI

GDragoN

Hi,

uTorrent is great, and thi new WebUI is even better. But I have noticed one very strange issue of uTorrent. After it was active for some period of time (30-40 hours), uTorrent reports all trackers of all torrents to be offline, and it stops all downloads. And the only solution is to restart uTorrent. After it is up again, everything works fine.

Not sure what is the real problem, but for now, it would be nice to add either autorestart feature or restart via WebUI. Also important thing is that after shuting uTorrent down and before starting it again you need to wait at least 30-40 seconds.

I am not sure how may people had similar problems, but this is a suggesting that will be very easy to implement.

Keep up with great work,

Milan Petrovic

After few days of testing, I still have the same problem. After day or two, utorrent reports all trackers to be offline nad refuses to download anything until I restart it. This is issue with 1.6, because old 1.5 on other machine in the same network works now 10 days without any problems of this sort. I tried every trick in the book, and still result is the same, I need to restert utorrent.

I will try to make my own program to shut down, and start again utorrent from some other machine to solve the problem, but it would be great to add restar into WebUI.

Regards,

Milan

I'm 99% sure you shouldnt have to go to the lengths of resetting utorrent every 16 hours. I'm pretty sure if you tweaked your setup a little bit things would work better (come onto IRC for some help with this). And i'm almost definitely sure its not a bug in utorrent. And im definitely sure this isnt a feature worth bugging ludde to implement. :)

I have tried absolutly everything I have found on this forum, and utorrent 1.6 does the same thing every time after some 20-24 hours of non stop work. As I said before utorrent 1.5 work just fine on the other machine in the same network. I tried to milion different things setting the router and network, and nothing changed: after a day it stops working. I am using my little restart program on third machine with utorrent, with restart every day in 23:00 and it works third day now like that. So, until maybe 1.7 version, I will stick to my restarts. Thanx for the help in setting the program. It deffinitly works better, but every day needs a restart.

• 2 months later...

I have just encountered this problem although I run torrents 24/7 and havent had this before, even when running for weeks on end.

The problem is I am not gonna be home for a few days so at the moment my torrents arent gonna be downloaded by the time I get back :(

I think it would be a nice feature if the webui had some way of restarting utorrent, just incase it does need a restart.

regards,

Danny

Archived