Program freezing and not internet connection...

bbbbbb

Hey guys -

Just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. My laptop is running XP with service pack 2. I connect to the Internet through via a Belkin F5D7633-4 router. I can fix my router to allow port forwarding and I get all green lights etc in uTorrent (v1.6). It connects to the trackers fine, sometimes starts downloading, but after a short while - anywhere between 30 seconds and 10 minutes - the program locks up. Sometimes after a while it 'unlocks' itself, sometimes it doesn't. I can use any other programs that are currently open, but explorer doesn't really function properly. Anything else connected to the Internet won't work - firefox, for instance, will just 'think' and then not find the page. Sometimes I can forcibly end the program, sometimes I just get fed up, turn off and start windows again. I usually have Zonealarm and Peerguardian running, but even if these are both completely closed, I have the same problem.

Any ideas? I'm sure it's set up right - green lights, fast downloads (occasionally!), but the crashing is just winding me up and making it not worth it.

ta...

I connect to the Internet through via a Belkin F5D7633-4 router.

A router that starts having problems at about 60 TCP connections total.

I usually have Zonealarm and Peerguardian running, but even if these are both completely closed, I have the same problem.

Two programs that aren't completely closed unless they're uninstalled.

Archived