slow download..... help!!!

andrew16

what should i put in my setting...... there are too many setting out there and i dunno which to follow.....

i am using 1mb for dl and 512kbps for ul..... my light there is green but my download never been faster than 30kbps....... same goes for the openoffice thing........ the download its still same....

i have open port...... close all the firewall...... follow the rules about upload and download...... but its still slow....

can any1 help me about this..... thanks

In the middle of µTorrent's window there is a series of tabs with Speed being right before Logger. That's where you view the download/upload graphs of your torrent traffic. A stable connection would be right near the upload speed max's value, wiggling above and below it by about 1-3 KB/sec. An unstable connection would look like a sawtooth pattern or ocean waves. A disconnection problem would show up as a sudden drop straight to zero.

yes i have an unstable connection it look like ocean waves. but i don't have any disconnection problem. when i download the open office it only goes 1-3 KB/sec. its doesn't max out tat u guys say it will. but when i test my DSL speed in the website its goes normal with the 1mb dl i have and 512 for the dl i have.

so wat's is my problem. can any1 help me out here?

Hi

I have a similar problem. Tried to use the spped guide but did not help much. I use 256kbps connection via ADSL modem The ocean wave is there for me too. As it is ADSL dl & ul speeds are different. Tried to use the inbuilt setting, but did not help much. Ran a speed test at DSL reports and got a UL speed of the range 55-64 kbps and the DL is 235-240 kbps. I tried both the settings at utorrent option menu [xx/256 and xx/64]. But i get a very low UL and DL speed. The DL speed is avg 128kbps and the UL is variable[ betn 40-96 kbps].

I wuold like to have both of them more or les constant. I am not using a customised connection setting still [because I could not customize].

Can you please help?

BTW, is there any way to subscribe to this thread?

Please help.

This is 2 nd time I'm requesting, previously I did not receive any help at all :(.

Hi Switeck and Ultima.

thanks for your help pal :).

Ok I subscribed to this thread but how am I supposed to access all my subscribed thread? Tried to find it profiles but I couldn't. Sorry completely fresh here and not yet completely acquinted with the links. So a bit of help will be highly appreciated.

Now as you suggested xx/64, using this, ow much download spped am I going to get? And what are the other tweakings required? :?

I hope you could help a newbie like me.

Yes my port is properly forwarded, I checked it. Though I kept the following two options disabled:

1. upnp port [or something like that]

2. randomise port.

Do you think that I should enable them?

Secondly, some torrents are not seeded well everytime, but using xx/64 setting keeps myactive download to 1. So can I increase it while using recommended setting without affecting my UL/DL speed adversly?

Thank you for your help. :)

Leave those disabled. With your connection speed, it's not advised that you download more than one at a time -- hence the recommendation by the Speed Guide. At the very most, starting 2 simultaneously is all I can say to try (even though I still don't endorse that idea).

Archived