Changing colour of connection form yellow to green and back

zoki

When I connect I always have yelow colour in connection. I have Webstar cable modem (Scientific atlanta model 2100) dirctly connected to network card (integrated on motherboard), no router. In speed guide I check is this port opened (for instance I use 6889) it says everything OK. I have only windows firewall and I put eception for uTottent. Then I change port number for instance 6881, I change eception too in firewall setings and for 2-3 minutes I get green light. Then it works for sometime, I don't touch anything, here it's yellow colour. Sometimes open again green light without touching it, or spometimes I chenge port number. I have cable connection 256/128. But when I use healty torrent download speed is good, there is no matter is this yellow light or green light, d: 17-28, upload 9 kb/s. In speed guide I chose xxx/128. I realy don't understand why colour oftenly change from yellow to green and back. Always when I check i speed guide opening port is everything OK. I use NOD 32 antivirus, but I don't find that he do anything with that.

Yes, but sometimes when is yellow the speed od download is very slow (5-7 kb), but in the other ocasion is fast. When is green everything is always ok. Why is yellow when I check if the port is open is said is everything OK. Can NOD 32 block the port? Is there any other way to check is something block my port. I tried to with the www.canyouseeme.org and is said that is everything OK. Right now I have 5 kb with very healthy torrent have after 10 minutes 8 seeds and 33 peers. Am I doing something wrong? All the time upload is max 8-9 kb.

NOD32 has been known to cause issues with P2P, but not this kind as far as I can remember. You can always try uninstalling it (yes, uninstalling, NOT disabling) to see if it helps, but I doubt it would. Anyhow, as I said, switching between the two colors is absolutely harmless, and happens because µTorrent notices you haven't been getting incoming connections for a while. But that does not mean you are unable to get incoming connections (which would be a problem if it were the case).

But now Is going to be more strange because light turn to red and download goes to 15 kb/s. Then I change the port no and light goes yellow but slower download. Is it posible that ISP blocking P2P? If is that true how can I check that?

If it goes to red, then back to green, that's unlikely to be ISP interference. Sounds more like improper configuration... check the first link in my signature, it seems like you're overloading your connection. And um, change from anything in the 6881-6889 port range. In fact, let µTorrent pick a random port for you (using the random button).

Archived