Can uTorrent MAKE torrent files?

Dead-Jester

• 1 month later...

OK, but as you will know everybody has his own unique pass key.

Now it has been turned out that there is something wrong in the software (admitted by the creators of uTorrent itself); two pass keys are given to the leecher. One is off the leecher itself, and the other one off the uploader. This will lead to delete one pass key, and thats the one of the leecher.

Meaning download with the passkey of the uploader and using his nick.

The guys of uTorrent itself seem to be said that uTorrent is ment for downloaden, and not for the uploader used as by the uploaders.

Strange thing is that I cannot find any further info neither confirmation on uTorrent forum or website.

Any idea ?

"Strange thing is that I cannot find any further info neither confirmation on uTorrent forum or website."

maybe because passkeys is something that lays within the bounds of the tracker you are using. If it is a private tracker with keys, you must read in their FAQ what you need to do to seed there.

It's nothing within µT I guess.

I've seen this problem before and I can assure you the problem is NOT with uTorrent. It is BOTH the tracker AND the uploaders being stupid. First of all, why the hell are the uploaders putting their passkeys in the torrent when creating it?!?! I doubt that the tracker forces them to, and if it is, then this is another reason to call the tracker stupid! And even if the uploader is dumb enough to put his passkey in the torrent, the tracker has to be smart enought to REMOVE it and REPLACE it with the leecher's passkey instead of just ADDING the new passkey (and, yes, I know trackers that are smart enough to do that). Further more, having to passkeys in the torrent still causes no problems on the uTorrent side, it just connects to the tracker twice, using the two links, BUT the tracker obveously fails to work out even that and just drops the second connection (and usualy this is the one with the leecher's passkey).

So, realy, either fix your tracker or tell the uploaders to not put their passkeys in the torrent when creating it... Cause the problem is obveously not with uTorrent...

Yes, the fact you need to upload your .torrent to the site and then download the .torrent from the site and use that one is to make sure you are getting the .torrent with your passkey. When you make a .torrent it shouldn't contain any passkey. This off course only applies to trackers that actually use a passkey.

There are enough trackers out there that just installed a common tracker package and have no idea what they are doing and then blame µtorrent if everything goes wrong. Especially if it 'seems' to work with other clients.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived