Computer restarts when seeding too much

svendbjarne

When I am seeding with more than 3MB/s, my computer suddenly restarts, and Windows tells me when the computer boots up again that the computer has been recovered from a serious error.

Can this be a uTorrent error or something with my computer?

Asus P4PE

512MB

G4 TI4200

XPSP2

No router

WinXP built-in firewall

F-secure antivirus

Yup... I'm having the exact same problem.. I've been looking over forums everywhere and I can't find an answer. It's definutely NOT a hardware problem... but I'm guessing that it may have something to do w/ a windows update. Most of the posts start around mid-September, around the same time I started seeing the issue.

My computer just restarts when I'm seeding... and when it reboots my error message is:

Error code 1000007e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 00000001, parameter3 f7ab2c84, parameter4 f7ab2980.

I've also noticed this in the event viewer before a crash:

TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.

I'm wondering if maxing out the TCP/IP is causing this?

I don't know!! AHH!!!

You need to either reduce the half open connection max in µTorrent, or increase Windows half open connection max so µTorrent never exceeds it...or both!

DHT, UPnP, and resolve ips/show country flags may also be indirectly causing your crashes due to poor networking hardware or software -- try disabling them.

...and if you haven't, enable Peer Exchange instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey great advice... I did a little more searching after your help and found a tool that changes Window's half open connection max from 10 to 50.

Here's the link --> http://www.lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=downloads

This apparently happens after doing an Update from Microsoft that changes the half open connection max of windows from over 65,000 to 10... they say it prevents further spreading of viruses. * Doesn't seem like a great solution to me. *

Anyway thanks again and please spread this link around. It took me a month to find a fix for this guy!

Thanks,

-Rick

It wasn't exactly a BSOD. The error code comes up immediately after my computer restarts itself... but it's in a small dialog box: "System has recovered from a serious error."

I don't get the error as often as I used to though. I think changing Window's half open connection max from 10 to 50 at least made the situation a little bit better. I used to get the error about every night that I seeded, now it's about every week. Still annoying, but... well I want to figure it out.

Thanks again for the help.

-Rick

Archived