Feature Request: Remote Computer Shutdown/Restart

kingborel

• 2 years later...

quite an old post - not sure which version this relates to. BUT, as this is implemented in uTorrent 1.81, can we hope to see it in the Webui? really would be good, as it would remove the need to "remote desktop" into the box running utorrent, just to turn it off when the torrents have completed...currently migfht as well remote in to do everything and not bother with the webui...

• 4 years later...

Long time went by since these posts, but still an attractive feature :-)

I have a headless file and media server w/o any kbd nor monitor attached to it (I start it via WakeOnLan, utorrent process RSS feeds and start downloading, almost full automated! :-)

One feature I'm missing from WebUI is the ability to set the Auto Shutdown options, I browsed github but couldn't find any reference to access this feature and posts above were posted before the feature was even implemented in uTorrent itself.

So my question is if it's possible to access this feature via WebUI / or if the feature is available thru the API to extend the javascript code?

Thanks, Wolf.

or if the feature is available thru the API to extend the javascript code?

Javascript is NOT allowed that level of access to the host machine.

If you need remote shutdown, why not just install VNC or enable RDP then use a Dynamic DNS service to assign a hostname to your IP?

or if the feature is available thru the API to extend the javascript code?

Javascript is NOT allowed that level of access to the host machine.

If you need remote shutdown, why not just install VNC or enable RDP then use a Dynamic DNS service to assign a hostname to your IP?

Thanks for the confirmation Ciaobaby. I just want a quick way to turn off the server from my intranet, so RDP or VNC is overkill and too time consuming just for that operation and using and smartphone.

I'm also trying to avoid installing another app/service just for that (as uTorrent is always running and have the ability to shutdown the PC automatically, I took the chance :-)

Wolf.

I would not have thought that the uTorrent and/or the bitTorrent developers are going to want to be developing an ActiveX component AND have it digitally signed and authorised.

AiryTech have

a remote switch-off component that can be operated over HTTP.

Excellent, thanks for the tip! It will be another component running on the server, but at least is small!

Thanks!

Archived