Computer Crashes, µTorrent checks the torrent

Mizah

So my computer crashes every once in a while, It just decides to rendomly restart. So when i am downloading a torrent it will restart, and when it comes back on i restart µtorrent and try to start downloading, but µTorrent has to "check the file" first i guess, and the checking process takes a good hour or so. Why does uTorrent check the files? And how can i stop it from checking the files and just go right back to downloading immediately?

well you see i believe it is a RAM issue, because the windows error report sometimes says its the ram, and other times it doesn't know. So i ran the Ram test, and sometimes it will show alot of problems and other times it will only show a few. So if it is my ram, it's got to be due to the motherboard. Because usually if RAM is bad, its just bad, not messing up some of the time, but all the time. So i figure that i would have to get a new motherboard,which isn't really an option. :-D

If you must tolerate that, then unfortunately, you're going to have to tolerate µTorrent checking as well, because it'll do no one any good if you end up sharing corrupt data to the swarm. Or if you download data without fixing any corrupt data that might've cropped up after the crash.

Archived