Can I configure Utorrent?

Jochemp

Hello,

I was wondering if I can tell to Utorrent which ports he's not allowed to use. For example I don't want Utorrent using port 5060. How can I change this? I want this because port 5060 is my telephone line, and when I download with Utorrent our telephone line breaks down because Utorrent is using port 5060 to download.

Can someone help me? If you can't apply it in Utorrent is there maybe a program that does it?

Thanks!

Jochemp

P.S.: I have search the forums for an answer but I haven't found anything! It didn't got displayed in the FAQ either. Move this topic if in wrong section, thanks.

You can set µTorrent's incoming listening port...so put that at some single number between 10000-65535.

If you're still having problems, you may need to disable DHT, UPnP, and possibly resolve ips/show country flags.

What speed is your connection, and what settings are you using in µTorrent as shown by Speed Guide (CTRL+G)?

@Switeck: I have a listening port already. That aint the problem. The problem is that I want Utorrent disable port 5060 (so he can't use it) My speed connection is 3,5Mbit and I use the 2MBit configuration on Utorrent.

@Ultima I tried to set Windows Firewall blocking port 5060 but that didnt work.

Thats not true. If I select port 22589 (my current port) It will use that port but it will use many other ports too (for the incoming seeds)

portsmi7.jpg

On this picture you can see that Utorrent is using many other ports. Not just 22589. Look at the Local... (Ports) and you'll see it.

Unless there's something SERIOUSLY wrong with your computer, the ephemeral ports used by µTorrent for making outgoing connections is 1024-4999. So it should never count all the way up to your phone port.

You almost certainly made the wrong choice for your speed setting for µTorrent.

You're supposed to set it based on your UPLOAD speed, and I doubt you have 3.5 Megabits/sec upload bandwidth.

I have 3.5Mbit download. Got about 50kb/s upload.

I guess I kind off made it. I configured that my router can't use port 5060 for the internet. I used protocol UDP. I can download now and my phone line doesn't break down. I had some problems with going on the internet, but I hope I will sort that out too. Thanks everyone for helping, you can leave a comment if im saying something wrong ;)

I will try this but I dont think this is really the problem. The problem is that my telephone line closes when I download with uTorrent. I've emailed my phone company and they say my telephone line uses port 5060. So I want port 5060 to be free so I can download.

µTorrent should not be using port 5060 except in the EXTREMELY rare case that someone has their incoming BitTorrent port set to 5060. Even then, it may not cause any problems.

If you're having any problems, it's probably concerning trying to upload 4 times faster than your connection can ever reach.

Archived