Multiple usability-focused feature suggestions

eyecue

1) Multiple Select in Torrent List > Properties - Change/Override all UL/DL limits in selected torrents.

At the moment, UL/DL limits must be set per-torrent manually, one by one, and is counter-intuitive to use. I can imagine what it's like for people with 20+ torrents. Once can quite easily forget what torrent you have over-ridden with what upload/download limit without the Max Up/Down fields enabled.

4) Bandwidth Settings - Remove from Properties dialog, and put in Torrent Context, and provide values array in advanced options. (1,2,5,8,10) etc .etc

7) Options > Static Network Graph. [Value]k/s. See: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?t=1416

This are all minor suggestions, and have been considered for 'bloatiness' prior to posting. They are all usability-focused changes, which I think a great application like uTorrent should have in abundance.

I'll add to this as I go.

My 2c.

-------------------------[DONE - Thanks ludde ;)]----------------------

2) DONE - Just like above, Multiple Select > Update Tracker, should update all selected torrent trackers.

3) DONE - Hotkey for Move Up/Down (Eg: Ctrl-Up/Down) - Possible to reduce the size of torrent context menus.

5) DONE? - Change 'Copy peerlist' in Peers tab, to 'Copy selected peers'. This has the dual benefit of allowing people to copy single, or multiple peer hosts/IP's.

6) DONE - Selectable Default Action for Double-Click torrent in Options. Also, Bold the appropriate default action in torrent context menu.

For global bandwidth management sure. The feature request is for per-torrent speed settings. Perhaps my original description was unclear.

We have per-torrent ul/dl settings, accesible via Right-Click Torrent > Properties.

Say I have 4 torrents seeding, 3 are just things i've downloaded and am now seeding, the last is a torrent I've uploaded, and therefore should allocate most of my bandwidth to.

I set the 3 normal seeding torrents one by one to a 2k u/l limit, and set the uploaded torrent to a a 15k u/l limit, or auto (0) so it allocates the rest of my bandwidth.

Once my uploaded torrent has a decent S:L ratio, I have to manually right click all torrents one by one, and set them back to unlimited (0), so bandwidth to each is auto allocated by uTorrent.

What I'm proposing is, select multiple torrents, right-click properties, set all to 0.

Hope that's clearer.

Um... ok, correct me if my understanding of super-seeding here is wrong, and I don't know if µTorrent does super-seeding yet, as I haven't tried, but...

If you set a torrent to super-seed, it goes once-through the entire contents of the torrent, consecutively, in order to get a complete copy out to the swarm as fast as possible.

Once it has completed its pass-through, it would then go back to normal seeding?

So, if this is how it works, would it be simplest to just already give super-seeding torrents a higher bandwidth priority than the rest of the seeding torrents? Then, when the super-seeding torrent reverts back to normal seeding after its pass-through, its priority would revert back to normal as well.

Would this be sufficient?

-- Smoovious

• 4 weeks later...
1) Multiple Select in Torrent List > Properties - Change/Override all UL/DL limits in all selected.

At the moment, UL/DL limits must be set per-torrent manually, one by one, and is someonewhat bulky and counter-intuitive. I can imagine what it's like for people with 20+ torrents.

Yes this would be really important, I often need to limit some torrents (not all though) to a specific limit, or want to enable/disable DHT for more than one at a time. It would be wonderful to be able to do this in one step instead of once per torernt :)

also being able to press alt-enter (windows explorer-like) to pop the properties dialog would be nice!

6) Selectable Default Action for Double-Click torrent in Options. Also, Bold the appropriate default action in torrent context menu.

Wonderful idea! An option to toggle "forced" start for example would be great, where a paused/stopped torrent is started on doubleclick and an already starteg gets forced (or if forced already force is removed).

bye

Creat

Archived