Help Please required newbie

jaykaysaxo

Hi all thanks for taking your time out to read this, i'm new to all this and i've tried setting up my connections and download and upload rates i was wondering if someone could help me out

I'm on broadband with talk talk and connected at the min at 2.2mbps and i've run the speed test from utorrent help page my average was

1564.96 kbps download 238.32 kbps upload so done the calculation of dividing it by 8 times it by 0.8 and entered a figure of 23 in my global upload box

reading through some of the other peoples there getting an upload rate well over 30kbps and i seem to be going up and down between 20 and 44 which i dont know if this is a good rate as when getting a file from download.com or something alike it seems to download at a far higher rate than this

any help would be greatful cheers all James

Talk Talk ISP seems to forbid p2p file sharing and in particular BitTorrent.

Protocol Encryption forced may partially get around that, but there's no guarentees.

If you want to actually use µTorrent on a true broadband connection, you'll just have to switch to a real internet service provider.

I think i've sorted the problem out getting a download speed last night of 78kbps which i think is quite good i followed the setup guide only thing now is every time i connect to utorrent my firewall always asks me to allow or deny downloads or uplaods been in the setup on internet sheild on my computer and clicked allow but it still asks

Archived