Problems downloading

EAGLE

Can anyone help me and answer why I keep having this error message when starting a download - Error 'connection closed by peer' while downloading URL

It's really got me and many other people stumped.

Any assistance will be greatfully received, I will be more than happy to supply any additional information needed in order to help resolve this query. (And NO, I'm am not performing any illegal activities!!!)

Thanks and regards in advance.

at last, thanks for replying.

The message appears after trying to connect to the torrent... It's a Utorrent window.

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure how I go about checking which firewalls are in use, and either how to disable them?

I must sound completely PC illiterate, as I'm sure this is just basic stuff... Hope you can help.

I figured it out, there is an option to download torrent from URL. That was the way I was always getting the torrents into Utorrent. The website I was trying to grab the downloads from wouldn't allow me to do it this way for some odd reason, I found that if I saved the target first - onto my comp, then added the torrent it would begin then. This is probably old hat to Utorrent users.

Still, I'd be interested if you knew why this was happening in the first instance

Archived