Seed While values

ATGardner

I want to set my utorrent to seed while "the ratio is less than 100% AND the seeding time is less than 72 hours". The options only allow me OR between the two criterias. Is there any way I can change it, so that whenever I seed for 72 hours, the seeding will automatically stop, no matter what the current ratio is?

Also, is there some place I can view my seeding time of a torrent so far?

thanks in advance.

@µtorrent-Guest: I think you're getting confused with the wording here. The option says that µTorrent will seed while either the seeding time is less than X, or the ratio is less than X. If either is the case, it will continue to seed. That means if the time seeding has surpassed the specified time, but the ratio is still less than specified, it will continue to seed. It behaves the same the other way around (ratio past specification, time less than specification).

@ATGardner: No, there is no way to do that.

I'm having trouble with this feature. Version 1.6, Build 474

I want to stop seeding when the torrent ratio reaches 1.000. Don't care about time.

I tried the following:

----------------

Options --> Preference --> Queueing

Seeding While [Default values]

Ratios is: <= 100% or seeding time is: (Ignore)

When Torrent has reached the seeding goal

Limit the upload rate to [use 0 to stop torrent]: 0 kB/s

Apply + OK

----------------

This doesn't seem to have any effect. The torrents that are well past 1.000 ratio continue seeding.

What am I missing?

well, Ultima, that's the whole point.

I don't want OR - I want AND:

while the torrent is less then 100% seeded AND the time is less than 72 seeing hours, I want it to seed. When it's 72:01, I want it to stop seeding, no matter what the precentage is. Likewise, when it gets to 100%, I want it to stop seeding, no matter how long it has been seeding.

If I put 100%/72 hours in the form there, it will continue seeding until it reaches both goals, and I don't want it - a torrent that has no leachers whatsoever, will just keep on seeding forever, for weeks on end, without ever getting to 100% - what's the point in that? shouldn't it be some kind of a feature, to add more flexibility?

• 8 months later...

"I'm having trouble with this feature. Version 1.6, Build 474

I want to stop seeding when the torrent ratio reaches 1.000. Don't care about time.

I tried the following:

----------------

Options --> Preference --> Queueing

Seeding While [Default values]

Ratios is: <= 100% or seeding time is: (Ignore)

When Torrent has reached the seeding goal

Limit the upload rate to [use 0 to stop torrent]: 0 kB/s

Apply + OK

----------------

This doesn't seem to have any effect. The torrents that are well past 1.000 ratio continue seeding.

What am I missing?

Go to Preferences>Advanced and change the value "queue.use_seed_per_ratio" to false.

I had the same problem and this fixed it for me...

Alex

• 1 month later...
the general tab provides you with the elapsed times

It doesn't display seeding time. At least not on my µtorrent. (which is 1.7.2-3458)

while the torrent is less then 100% seeded AND the time is less than 72 seeing hours, I want it to seed. When it's 72:01, I want it to stop seeding, no matter what the percentage is. Likewise, when it gets to 100%, I want it to stop seeding, no matter how long it has been seeding.

I'm having the same problem (call it wish if you want). Is there a solution to this? I've tried different approaches to those two settings, and none worked. As Ultima said in another thread here, BOTH goals must be reached for the torrent to stop.

The problem appears with torrents that have no leeches. These torrents seed forever, because they never reach 100% ratio, even with the seed time exceeded. And there's no place you can see how long its been seeding. Isn't there an Advanced option to replace the OR with something else?

Archived