My ports are suddenly blocked.

SilentLeviathan

Yeah, I tired that too and it didn't work.

Here's what I did and it seems to have worked.

I went to my router and removed all the port forwarding I had set up to test out uTorrent on my other machines. I then closed uTorrent on this computer and restarted it. It seems to have fixed it as I am getting the green check mark for the first time in about a month. As well, uTorrent says my ports are forwarded properly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! I'm back. You wanted to know what modem I have: PCI SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP. It's attached to the COM3 port if that makes any difference.

Now after reading the poist about static IP addresses I went ahead and changed mine so it's out of the DHCP range. After I did that I tested my port with uTorrent and it now says that my port is "open and accepting connections". I also have McAfee, however, I disabled the firewall. Unfortunately, I still can't download or seed anything.

uTorrent has a couple messages that might help...

My Tracker status claims "An invalid argument was supplied."

It also says my DHT status is "not allowed."

If there's any other info you need I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the help!

• 2 weeks later...

JonDrummer04,

For a 56k modem, you probably should just disable DHT completely. Enable Peer Exchange if you want -- that lets the other connections do the "heavy lifting" to find additional sources, but still reports the additional sources to you.

Can you try the OpenOffice test torrent (no need to download it all!) just to see if you can connect to seeds/peers on it?

Tried downloading OpenOffice and here's what I get so far:

· 0 of 66 peers connected

· Tracker status: An invalid argument was supplied

· The availability bar is red

· The exclamation point at the bottom is yellow, telling me I have no incoming connections.

Also, I'm not using 56k. Ultima wanted to know what my modem was so I found out. I do have two routers but both have been forwarded, so I'm still not sure what's going on. Even though I'm using DSL I still tried disabling DHT but nothing changed. =/ Thanks for the suggestion though. If you have any other ideas it's appreciated!

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

i am experiencing the exact same problem starting yesterday im afrae it might be isps cracking down on sites and torrents that distribute free software,

i havent been able to access pirate bay, i am new to these fourms and the reason i joined was to ask this question, when i use the speed test guide and try to test if the port is forward properly no matter what port i use it says there blocked, is my isp blocking these ports or what could causethis to happen, i am connected to utorrnt as i am getting 40kb/s but i cant sucessfully connect to a port i click on preferences and randomize ports and all of them dont work for me any sugg? my router is fully open and has no security on it because its wireless and i live in the middle of nowhere.......i tested the problem at work today at at my house i cant connect on ither i am using a almost brand new laptop and recently installed kaspersky antivirus 2010 if this helps, i read somewhere on these forums it could be kaspersky...when i get to my other comp i will test ports on that one and get back....(wired part is i have incomming connections im connected to utorrent, no ports will generate and olny connects to a few of the seeders

copy paste from last post

Archived