RSS downloads appear in history but were not loaded

barabbas

Hey there,

for a week or so I have experienced a strange problem with the RSS downloader. Episodes appear in the history although they were never loaded. When I delete the history and update the feed, the download instantly starts and finishes without problems. This occurs with most of the torrents, but not all. I used the RSS downloader for weeks without a problem and I did not change anything that would explain that behaviour.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Im getting the same exact problem with barabbas.

It used to work flawlessly, but now it no longer working correctly. I have been using tvrss to get my feeds and had no problems before, but all of the sudden the downloads will not automate. show will show up as available, but utorrent will not download them. Sometimes it will show up in the history as "Downloaded", but was never downloaded. But If it shows up as available I can double Click and it will start the download. Weird!

I thought maybe it was tvrss, so I was using feeds from torrentspy and other sites and got the same result. so Im thinking it has to be something within utorrent that is preventing the downoads to be automated. Like I said I have done it before using the same methods, but all of the sudden its not working. I need help. I am using the latest version of uTorrent and even tried it on the new beta version, but still same result.

I too am having this same issue. I have several feeds from several different sites. The RSS feeds seem to be working fine but torrents very seldom download on their own. I can click the question mark button on my filters tab to check the current matches and items will show up there which tells me the filter is setup properly. From time to time I'll check the history tab too and items show up in that list as well which would suggest that uTorrent read the RSS properly and has started downloading that particular file. That is most often not the case however. To download the file I always have to find it manually. What's the deal with this? If it is a possible timeout issue is there a way to tell uTorrent to wait a few seconds longer? When I first downloaded uTorrent the RSS function worked great but these last few weeks I've been getting nothing.

Someone please help!

Yea, same problem here. Subscribed to two separate feeds and it only does it sometimes. This should be easy to fix, just include some sort of verifying thing that tells the RSS when the torrent is actually loaded in uTorrent. No verify, no check mark and it can try again later. It shouldn't just give up after one timeout. To check up on these things a status tab would be nice, or maybe a verbose option in the history tab that shows requests, downloads, loads, etc.

True?

It appears mininova is starting to redirect people from /get/ to /tor/ if the referrer is not from mininova.org. They're likely doing this to lower bandwidth from exernal locations. This explains why a bunch of people are starting to experience this as of late. At this point, there's nothing that can be done about it in µTorrent.

@deezp1: Incidentally, TorrentSpy reportedly does the same thing as mininova now (redirecting if the referrer does not match what the site is expecting).

• 2 weeks later...

I am also having this problem. It appears fairly random, sometimes files from a particular RSS feed download fine, other times, files from the same feed show up in the history as downloaded, but were never actually downloaded.

I dont think this is a problem with any of my feeds, but setting that aside, even if it IS a problem with the feeds, uTorrent should not be listing those files as downloaded in the RSS history. At the very least, if it is placed in the history it should be flagged as "failed and gave up retrying" or something like that. The status message that exists right now implies that it downloaded fine when it did not.

EDIT: Hrmm, aparently this is a known issue. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next release.

Archived