one question

rexdimos66

If you've got a windows xp sp2 system and applied the TCPIP.SYS patch, you go to Options (CTRL+P) and click Advanced. Change net.max_halfopen to be however many connection attempts you'd like to allow at once. Note that this is only for max connection attempts active at any given time. The rest are scheduled to be executed in order as the attempts resolve.

Even WITH the TCPIP.sys patch for Win XP SP2, you shouldn't need to set µTorrent's half open connection max above 50 even on a T-3 line (45 megabits/sec up and down). Other networking software (firewalls+antivirus) and hardware (routers+modems) often don't work well with high half open connection rates.

µTorrent's half open connection max should NEVER be more than 80% of the max you patched TCPIP.sys to!

Why do you keep wanting to tweak when I told you everthing was fine with your setup already? If your ability to browse the Internet has NOT been affected while using µTorrent, then DON'T bother touching these limits. I just said that it is NOT for tweaking download speeds, so I'm not sure why you keep insisting on changing the limits.

But as I told you at least 3 times now, your settings are fine, and any speed problems you THINK you're experiencing have nothing to do with your settings. Switeck and I have already helped you to the best of our abilities in the other thread, and I'm pretty sure we both covered everything you need to change already -- which is the only reason I would ever come to the conclusion that you've everything set up properly already. Anything more is extraneous and unnecessary unless you are having issues even with the benchmark torrents.

Archived