Is there any way to block on IP?

EddieV

I understand that blocking or a block feature could.would be overused by some. My question is. Is there a way to block a single IP from ever connecting to me. Upload or download within Utorrent or with something else. I dont know much about PeerGuardian and I dont want to use something like this for one person.

I would hope there is a way. I only want one person to go bye bye. If anyone can give advice I would appreciate it. I am not trying to ban the world or to mess up the swarm I just would rather not connect with this person.

Thanks for any advice in advance

Eduardo

Title: Any way to block one IP

thanks. I actually tried that but hehe I am not all that bright with computer stuff although it seems simple enough. I will give it another shot. Thanks

EDIT: I downloaded one with a bunch of stuff in there already. Can I remove all that stuff I dont really care about and just add the IP of the person etc?

Thanks again

Eduardo

the reason i ask is cuz yeserday i got one of those emails from my isp that say they cought me downloading copyrighted material. so now i wanna apply the filtered ip ranges into utorrent as utorrent does not seem to have a "self update" option for bad ip ranges. ofcourse i will lay low for a while and stop downloading for a bit but eventually i want to continue as long as i feel more protected. do you have any suggestions? i may add that cuz of that email from the isp i installed peerguardian and i havent used it in the past.

ya you know i should have thought about it before i posted. there really is no reason for both programs to block the same ranges as pg2 does it already. but i could use some advice on what should i do about the email from my isp. should i reply to them and tell them that i never downloaded that copyrighted file or is it better to admit to it and say that i deleted it from my computer or tell them that i was looking for a sample to see if i will like it. it was a movie that i was downloading.

Archived