Help is very well needed, please.

mnesgoda3

Ok so here is my problem. I know that I'm sure you've have had this question a zillion times but I couldn't find the answer to my problem anywhere. I have a BEFW11S4v4 Lynksys router and I'm having port forwarding problems. I've followed the instructions on www.portforward.com TWICE for this and uTorrent still does not get a green dot. I really need help on this one and I checked everywhere for the answer. What is my problem?

Probably not your router...presumeably it's forwarded correctly.

Something ELSE is firewalling your connection as well, be it a software firewall (even in antivirus software!) or your modem itself.

Even your motherboard or LAN card may have some sort of firewalling utility in its drivers causing the problem.

...We need more information to be of any further help.

What software on your computer interfaces with the network or internet in any way (auto updates, chat features, bad website blocking, etc)?

What exact make and model of modem do you have?

Have you tried doing a google search to find its manufacturer's website to see if it needs configuring as well?

Are you running an Nvidia motherboard using their firewall drivers for its networking card/s?

Archived