utorrent wont run

Leah

Okay, have mercy on a complete idiot. I just downloaded utorrent, but when I try to use it, a window pops up that says it cannot connect to the internet, which is bull because I have another window open that's connected to the internet.

Just browsing this forum has alerted me to how ignorant I am about computers.

I have Norton as well as Windows Security Alerts. If it means anything, I tried a few other file sharing programs and none of them could perform their search functions either. The problem is, if I disable my security features, what do I replace them with? I already tried removing utorrent from the Norton program controls. No effect.

I've tried following the directions above but cannot import the error into this format. Sorry about that. The message actually comes from the software I'm using to search for files to download, which in this case is eXeem Lite. When I enter ANYTHING into the search fields, this message pops up and does not go away when you click OK, not until you turn off the computer.

I have recently downloaded Utorrent and could not get it to do anything at all. my nephew who has utorrent recommended it and it works great for him. however, if i put in a search nothing happens. If I click help nothing happens. i have checked my firewalls and they say they have given permission to Utorrent .i htought it might have been a faulty download so downloaded it from 2 other separate sites and the same applies. nothing happens..

my nephew says he never had any problems at all & still doesn't but mine wont even acces the net to find torrens. am totally lost here...I have fulla ccess to other web functionsas I always have had.

Archived