cFosSpeed & NetLimter

maku8ex

i wanna set the maximum part of my B/W for torrents & abt ~5kB/s for browsing etc

will cfosspeed do it or do i have to use netlimiter?

i heard that cfosspeed prioritizes applications with higher ping (or something like that, i'm not sure )

but in cfosspeed's list of priorities torrents comes really low

what to use? cfosspeed or netlimiter?

alright i installed cFosSpeed, i can see the difference, but it says that all applications that send/receive large amounts of data should have lower priority.

does this mean that i wont achieve full speeds on other file transfer methods like say dling from an FTP?

Priority does NOT equal speed. It simply means that packets for/from other applications that have higher priority will be sent/received before packets for/from applications with lower priority. It makes sense, as high-bandwidth applications will dominate the connection (making browsing impossible, for example) if its priority is set to high.

So no, it does NOT mean you won't achieve full speeds. It just means that if you're downloading/uploading quickly on whatever other file transfer method, it won't block packets coming to/from higher-priority applications.

Archived