Exporting settings after formatting PC

ecanseco

Hi there, I'm totally new to torrents. Before this, I was using eMule for p2p sharing.

Here's my situation. I need to format my PC and resintall everything. With emule I needed to "backup" my settings so in the next install it could run smoothly, that was because as far as I read I had to accumulate good experience so I could have a good sharing reputation which let me to download faster (have preference in the download line).

Is it similar with uTorrent? If it is, could you help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

The long-term "reputation" of up-to-down ratio that you have has NO effect on your current download+upload speeds NOR is it sent out to others on the swarm or to the tracker. So although you may be able to preserve that value...but it won't help you get good speeds on the next torrent you try.

Your µtorrent client doesn't keep track of any 'good experience' that influences anything. Only so called 'closed' trackers/communities keep statistics and give you certain benefits or penalties based on them. However in this case the tracker keeps tracks of the stats and not µtorrent. Even if you formatted and installed µtorrent fresh those stats will still be preserved on that tracker.

Pretty much the only thing you will lose after a format is your µtorrent settings.

Archived