Where is 'bt.always_prio_rare'?

NeedHelpNow

Hello all, I searched the forums/FAQ for an answer to my problem of a file in a torrent downloading up to 99.1% but not downloading the last (4mb) piece. The answer was: 'bt.always_prio_rare', I found this option discussed in old threads that were around the time of previous uT versions (I hope the option is still there). I want to force uT to download this missing piece before moving on to other files/pieces, with the ut.always_prio_rare option I could do this (I think).

Another problem is I want uT to download files with priority to the first files and downloading files (and their pieces) in succession instead of just randomly and evenly. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks in advance for any help that is provided.

It's gone for good, sorry.

However, when you get down to the last few pieces µTorrent goes into "endgame" mode. Then it asks to download the piece from everyone who's connected to you that has it. ...And then disconnects the extra uploaders if/when it gets it. That's why at the end of a torrent you usually get a little/lot of wasted data.

If yours is stuck missing the last piece, then chances are nobody has it that's willing to give it out.

The torrent might even be a fake, designed to hold out on the last piece...so you'll stay connected waiting for something that'll never happen. Or not...try doing some research on whether the torrent is fake/poisoned. Someone else may have commented on a message board (not here!) about that torrent. GOOGLE is your friend if you use it right. :P

Yes, the option is gone for good, but it's on by default already anyway. You can't FORCE other clients to give you whatever piece you want, and unless you want to take a longer time waiting for your download to finish, µTorrent can't simply wait around until that rare piece you're looking for is downloaded. Meaning that the option never did FORCE only downloading of the rarest pieces in the first place.

Archived