No Incoming Connections

Talkie Toaster

I recently got broadband, with a shiny new Netgear DG834GT router from Sky Broadband, but sadly MicroTorrent claims people are unable to connect to me, contrary to the speed checker which claims my current port is functioning perfectly, and my housemate on the same router, whose network indicator icon stays resolutely green, even though we're using the same port...

Does anyone have any ideas about what could be wrong? Thanks in advance.

Well, I have a slightly better idea now. Whilst disabling my firewall (ZoneAlarm) did nothing whilst we were both using the same port (unsurprisingly), after changing the port with the firewall off, it's been mapped properly. However, now if I turn on my firewall, despite ZoneAlarm being added to the allowed programs list and functioning without any issues in the past, it slaughters my connection.

I have same problem I followed above instruction it did not work for me, I have bellsouth fast access internet with westell router provided to me, I hooked up two computers to usr 5461 wireless router one wireless card other directly, does anyone have solutions for me, thanks

Double-NAT issue then. If the only device connected to the Westell is your USR router, then you can try setting the Westell to bridge mode. If there is more than just the USR router connected to the modem, then you're going to have to forward the port from the Westell to the USR, then from the USR to your computer.

Archived