2 routers on my network cant forward ports help!

Wiredknight

Ok so i've got a rediciouls setup in my house. I have a Lynksis WRT54G wireless router thats hooked up to my net connection, then i have it connected to a Lynksis BEFSR41 wired router. Now I didnt really pay attention to the fact that my torrents were downloading slow at first. I downloaded utorrent and noticed that the ports i had forwarded were not even doing anything. When it tried to connect the port was still blocked.

Internet itself works fine and can connect pcs to both wired and wireless. All the setting for that are ok. Just forwarding ports is where i have the problem. I have tried forwarding my pcs ports on both routers changing NAT and UPnP settings on both routers but still nothing. I have software firewall turned off. What is odd is that even when trying to connect using wireless the ports i forward still have no effect. I would think that connecting directly to the wireless router would allow those ports to be opened, but nope.

I was thinking of switching routers but that would impare my wireless connectivity in the other rooms. Any help would be awesome thx.

Why do you have 2 routers when something like a linksys EZXS88W would work so much better for connecting additional wired computers behind a router.

Order of connection:

Internet modem -> WRT54G (Port forwarding. if you skipped setting up a static IP, go and do it. Make sure to not use an IP within the router's DHCP range - default of .100-.150 should NOT be used. I'd recommend something in the .10-.30 range) -> EZXS88W (for the wired computers beyond those connected directly to the WRT54G)

Well i know a regular hub would be better but these 2 routers are all i have and i dont have the money right now to go pick one up. Basically is there any way to do this at all? Also it still confuses me as to why if i connect wirelessly that the port forwarding still does not work. I have a static IP set up. What i think is happening is that my 2nd router is blocking things and i dont know how to get past it =(

Well at 1st i had the 2nd router set to 192.168.1.2 and pc set to 192.168.1.10, then i tried router .10 and pc .2 and a couple other configs but right now im at the router .10 and pc .15.

I have not tried wire directly into the wireless router but wouldnt that be the same thing as directly connecting wirelessly? Or does having that 2nd router effect that in some way?

Well i managed to get a Linksys EZXS55W. I hooked it up in place of the 2nd router. Still not open.

I have the static ip for my computer set to 192.168.1.10 i also have the proper ports forwarded on my router. Are there any other settings i should check? What should i do with the UPnP setting on my router/utorrent?

I have AVG running would that mess with anything (i have tried it turned off, still no difference.)

I have restarted both my computer and router with these changes. No software firewalls at all.

I can ping and tracert the utorrent ip if that makes a difference. Those are both fine.

I have had full connection with other torrent programs before. But currently none are fully open, even with forwarded ports.

Archived