"Seeding Priority" Settings

jhn195

sc0nq.jpg

Need some clarification on this. I assume there's two method in seeding; firstly by ratio (which you can put in the figure of your choice) OR by seeding time namely 90 minutes and above. So if i choose both 100% ratio and 90 minutes together then what will happen?

As for the lower part of the setting, i assume "When torrent has reached the seeding goal" is referring to the ratio or the seeding time? Let's say if the ratio has been met but the box "Limit the upload rate" was not checked then what will happen?

Let's say if the ratio has been met but the box "Limit the upload rate" was not checked then what will happen?

µTorrent will queue the seed if there is other torrents with ratio lower than 1:1, if not, seeding is continued but with lower priority.

That's what it does. If you have more active torrents than you have specified as a maximum in the "Max Active Torrents option", and if you have the "Seeding tasks have higher priority" option checked, µTorrent will queue some downloads to make place for the seeding torrents.

Given:

Max of active torrents - 8

Max of active downloads - 1

Downloading - 1

Seeding - 5

Queued - 1

Stopped - 2

Finished - 2

When i check "Seeding tasks have higher priority..." check box i get stopped download and nothing more. I can't see any logic in this.

Let's say if the ratio has been met but the box "Limit the upload rate" was not checked then what will happen?

µTorrent will queue the seed if there is other torrents with ratio lower than 1:1, if not, seeding is continued but with lower priority.

You mean seeding will continues even if the ratio is met if there's no other torrents waiting? :shock:

Archived