Utorrent disconnects after half an hour - every single time!!!

Surfless

Hi - I'm a newbie - I've trawled for this problem for two nights on here and have not found an answer - so I thought I'd raise it.

Basically every time I open Utorrent it works fine for half an hour - good download speeds and so on - then without fail it stops - nothing down or up loading.

This has been the case even though I have changed my networking hardware - different router and now recently with a hub also.

Is this a known problem?

Any help gratefully received....

Phil

Surfless

Hubs suck, a switch does the same job and better.

Firstly, are you getting 4226 errors in windows event manager?

What's your ISP and rated download AND upload speeds?

What settings are you using as shown by Speed Guide (CTRL+G)?

Have you changed any advanced settings?

Is your windows half-open connection max patched to something greater than 10?

The oddest part about hubs vs. switches is that I've seen hubs that are more expensive than switches at NewEgg.com -- that really baffles me. Personally, I've had no problems with my hub, though I guess I can't say it's "good" without comparing it with a switch...

@Surfless: Check the link in my signature out too.

A hub has to broadcast everything it receives to every port. That means for an 8-port 100mbps hub, only 1 computer can run at 100 mbps -- everyone else at that point would only be able to sneak in a mbps tops.

With a 100mbps switch, every computer on it could run at 100mbps constantly -- as only the 2 connections concerned with each transfer "see" the traffic.

The price difference could have to do with hubs becoming more scarce as there's plenty of computing power now to make 1 gbps 8+ port switches for cheap.

Archived