All my ports stealth no firewall been looking for days

Crazy Davie

Slow d/l speeds and i cant open a port, they are all stealth (indicated by green squares) and i've tried opening one through my firewall and then test the port it either says failed or nat error. i've tried multiple torrent clients. i cant configure my modem becuz i am assuming that my isp is dropping cache packets to or from my comp. i have all my settings rite and i've just tried everything man...can anyone help me? my usual download rate is 280 kb and tryin to get a torrent is pretty frustrating when all you get is 5-10 kb tops man....anybody please?

Attempting to port-forward past Windows & Comcast booger-eating telephone-jockeys just drives me bat-shit *insane*; even if I were to get it working at this point, they'd all still owe me about a thousand buck's worth of my value on my free time (compounded for being especially aggravating) wasted on the endeavor. I swear: Omega-beams will shoot out of my eyes and incinerate the next bastard who suggests I roast another second screwing around with the "free help" at portforward.com (ugh).

I'm convinced that the next "killer" p2p app will automatically incorporate all of those proxy tunneling features to get around this nonsense.

mike18xx,

Either your cablemodem is buggered up or you've got something else on your computer causing the firewalled condition.

Have you tried HijackThis, Process Explorer, and TCP view (the last 2 from www.sysinternals.com )?

They will show you MORE about your system than most "security" suites.

It's quite likely commercial software that has a firewall-like feature in it that's causing your headaches.

I'm not running any commercial software (basically: XP, PeerGuardian, PestPatrol, and AVG; uTorrent added to PG's exceptions). It's just the mile-long obstacle course of setting up stactic-IPs, configuring control-panels, logging in to your router, calling boneheads at Comcast who have no clue what you're asking for when you bring it up.

Other than the annoyance of not being able to do it, it's not really causing me headaches.

I'm not running any commercial software (basically: XP, PeerGuardian, PestPatrol, and AVG; uTorrent added to PG's exceptions). It's just the mile-long obstacle course of setting up stactic-IPs, configuring control-panels, logging in to your router, calling boneheads at Comcast who have no clue what you're asking for when you bring it up.

Other than the annoyance of not being able to do it, it's not really causing me headaches.

(I am looking at TCPview, btw, and I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary.)

That tells us nothing about your modem's brand or if it also contains a mini-router or firewall in it that needs configuring.

So use your modem's brand and model plus GOOGLE searches to determine if that's the case and report back here with the results so we can continue onward.

Archived