Manually adjusting initial-seeding position marker?

mike18xx

So......I'm initially-seeding a large torrent and have a little problem with a laptop drive just getting so darn hot that it seizes right up. Bummer & all that. Good thing all the important stuff is on the server.

When I get going again, I note that, since I've lost the uTorrent settings folder, that initial-seeding wants to begin from the far left (block #0, I presume) again -- because I don't want to layer over any blocks a temporarily-absent peer might already possess but hasn't gotten around to sharing yet.

I'm diddling around in Resume files (originals backed up) with notepad, but don't see what's obvious. How would I shift the current initial-seeding position to farther ahead?

Yes, but the program is not aware of the fact that *I know* there's a peer with a lot of rare blocks that I'd just as soon not upload a second time because they're (a) temporarily registering as absent, and (B) "left-side".

Example: Torrent consists of three 1gig subdirectories; torrent is also a "compilation" of other materials with a certain peer already possessing the first portion. When he showed up on the peer list, my percentage seeded jumped from a small amount to a large amount (and, I assume, the marker adjusted forward to skip over all of his available blocks). When he logged off, a giant "hole" appeared in the indicator bar {well, more of a "hole covered by a wispy picket-fence" to represent blocks he had traded blocks to other peers}, but the seeding marker had passed by that section so I didn't have to worry about uTorrent recovering old ground until it'd made a full sweep to the right.

However, now that I've lost the original resume files, uTorrent has restarted from the left end and wants to fill in the "hole" (which I know will disappear when the other guy shows up again). Basically, I don't want to have to upload a gig's worth of blocks I know he already possesses.

-- Can I manually budge that position or not?

In the past, if a peer with untraded blocks dropped out, the hole he left behind wasn't immediately filled in; rather, it was saved until after all other unsent blocks (i.e., all to the right) were seeded first.

All I'm trying to do is jerry-rig that scenerio -- I can't fathom how it can't be possible.

Archived