uTorrent stop downloading when the computer goes to screen saver mode

cairo

the problem is like that , i let uTorrent downloading and i away for hours, my computer will run screen saver after 10minute and turn off monitor after 20min,

turn off hard disk and system standby i put never.

after hours, i came back, my uTorrent has stop downloading and a status icon which is red and the arrow is point down (means the torrent is downloading, but there is a tracker error )

i cant figure out what happening here

Is µTorrent failing at the 10th minute (when the screensaver kicks in), the 20th minute (when the monitor gets turned off), or some time after that due to some other cause?

There's a GOOD chance it's all incidental that µTorrent fails sometime after the computer goes to screen saver mode.

• 2 weeks later...

Help!!

This is the same problem that I'm having.

I have disabled hibernate mode and uninstalled Norton. I now run with AVG and Windows standard setup. My router is a BT Voyager 210.

When my monitor goes onto standby, Utorrent stops responding. When I log back on, all the downloading torrents have a red downward arrow next to them and all the seeders and leechers are set to 0. I close Utorrent and re-open and it stars working fine. What is going on?? Please help

Mog

Had a look mate and I've set all the options to never.

Hibernation is off and UPS is also off.

I set the screensaver to kick in after 90 minutes and by then, my torrents had downloaded. I have just got back from work and the arrows are all red and nothing is uploading. Definitely something happening when screensaver kicks in!!

Any other ideas??

Mog

Archived