Upload shown is diffrent from accual upload speed

wipeyourfeet

Im using uTorrent 1.6 which i just switched to from bitcomet. For some reason when you look at all of your downloads and uploads for me on occasion it will show that im uploading 0KB/s when im accually uploading somewhere near 110Kb/s on a file. Also ive done speed tests and i know im capable of uploading at (256kb/s) 2MB/s but it never will go over 140kb/s this bugs me due to the fact that I usually seed a file for either one week or until ive shared it at least at a ratio of 20 Times over and at times that ends up with me uploading only for a week. With Bitcomet i had no trouble reaching my upload limit (well 20% lower then that becouse thats what i set it at to not impead on my DL's) I checked all the settings and they are correct, I dont use a router. On one of my athlon 5000+ I have no firewall nor any antivirus software. (the one i use to DL stuff before i send it to my other pc via external harddrive) and i dont run any software other than uTorrent. Yes i have updated windows all the way with the exception of Windows Exporer becouse of the fact that i only use firefox. What the hell could be my problem? I dont want to go back to bitcomet but the Upload speeds are annoying the crap out of me. The point of this is to share files. also on occasion when im only seeding it will show sometimes as high as 15kb/s download what is my problem?

You really swapped your KB/sec and kilobits/sec, MB/sec and megabits/sec around...you might want to edit your post so it makes more sense.

µTorrent also includes reply traffic in its speed measurements...so if you're uploading very fast there is some reply DOWNLOAD traffic in return to keep the upload going. It might easily spike briefly to 15 KB/sec if you're uploading at 100+ KB/sec if everything fell in the same second.

Archived