Utorrent 1600/1600b seeding problems

damasta

Lets start this post off with I did everything right. No port problems etc.!!!!!

Ok. I'm trying to seed "linux ISOs" thru utorrent and the upload speed will go up to 11000kilobytes a second (i have real internet)

After about 3 minutes the speed will drop until 0. I then must stop then start the torrent.

I do not have this problem with anything but utorrent. I don't have access to older versions before 1600.

Any Help?

Supposing you really do have 45mbit/s up, select xx/40Mbit in the Speed Guide and increase the upload speed limit by maybe 500 kilobytes/s, and you should probably be set. Increasing connection and/or upload slots a tiny bit wouldn't hurt, but probably wouldn't be all-too necessary either.

I have the speeds set to unlimited with the amount or peers slots set to unlimited.

I can do the speed i need but it drops off after 3 minutes. Then the torrent must be reset. As i type utorrent is downloading [CENSORED] at 4megabytes a second and uping at 2 but when i seed my own torrent it does the 3 min drop off. I have azueres seeding for about 20 min and it is still at about 10mbytes a second.

I think tho this doesn't matter because i can seed anything fine except my own torrents. I make one and then upload it to a site (private). I then download the torrent from the site and run it using the initial seed function.

It works for 3min then stops. azures is set to unlimited and it doesnt matter.

And yep the speed is droping off. that didn't work.

i don't know about the modem. there is a handoff inside my electrical closet. it doesnt have an ip address that i know of. Next comes a gigabit switch. This has no firewalls or anything. Then i have a server for seeding a server for storage a wireless router and 2 computers going into the switch. The seed server has a gigabit pci card. This is what is running utorrent (and now azueres). I have tried running utorrent from my computer upstairs (not basement) and the same thing happens. I think this has something to do with the software. I wouldn't except that i can seed fine it is just when i use initial seeding (as the site i am on requires)

I never thought of the fact that my internet shouldn't be able to do that. (runs to speakeasy and runs test)... it says i get 63megabits up? even that wont do 11000 tho?? i only pay for 45 so i dont know how this works. Im not gonna call and complain obviously tho. I don't think that has anything to do with it.

Super-seeding works fine because it doesn't max your connection out. Maxing your connection's upload out CAN and WILL overload it, causing you to be unable to make further connections until it becomes un-overloaded. For it to happen, the speeds have to drop considerably before it realizes it's un-overloaded. As such, limiting the upload speed before the connection overloads prevents this from happening, which is why I recommended that you check to make sure your settings are proper. Check the Speed Guide and post the settings it displays there.

It would appear that I've pulled another Ultima and misread -- again (sorry 'bout that). Super-seeding, as I said, doesn't max your connection out easily, and on the occasion that it does, it's almost impossible to maintain the speed because of how it works -- it only uploads one piece at a time, and waits until other peers have the previously shared piece before it shares the next one. Personally, with your connection, I wouldn't bother initial/super-seeding.

Archived