A question

enZzo

I was downloading a rather big file when my system started crashing, so I had to reinstall Windows (with formating the whole C: partition). The downloading file was on D: partition, so it wasn't deleted, along with the program (the utorrent.exe file). Is it possible to continue the download from where it left before the formating?

Oh, that! Yes, of course I tried that! It doesn't work.

May be something in documents and settings/application data/utorrent that keeps track of what is downloaded, what is not. And that was in C:, so now it's erased :(

Is it possible that utorrent is not capable of scanning partially downloaded file and auto-detecting what parts of the file are downloaded, so by deleting documents and settings/application data/utorrent I lost my hopes of retrieving the already-downloaded data.

If you have indeed pointed to the correct location on disk, then µTorrent should detect the file automatically and scan it already. And if it doesn't, force recheck should... force µTorrent to recheck it anyway. If it's not working, then you very likely didn't select the correct location.

¬¬

By the way, having the same IP doesn't make a difference -- as long as it's a different computer that's not sharing cookies, something like that couldn't possibly happen. And you don't have the same IP address, just the same IP block anyway. But whatever, I'm making a deal out of nothing :P

Archived