New User - speed guide, dl/up kbps

YouveMadeMePerfect

hey guys i'm a noob around here and i needed a bit of help. first off, i've used torrents before but not properly. i want to do it right this time since i'm on my own now with my own connection. so, i went here www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ and this is what i got:

Last Result:

Download Speed: 6027 kbps (753.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 357 kbps (44.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

what i ordered from comcast was 6 down and 3 up so it seems to be correct. now what i need the help with is in the speed guide which do i select? i dont understand the xx\"insert some various number here.". i can tell you my previous speedguide settings before i found out i was doing it wrong were: xx/10Mbit

LoL it worked good usually so idk... please help me!

I used to have dial-up till 2001, and I've been on the internet since 1995 and BBS's as far back as 1993.

First cable I got was 1.5mbps down, .125 mbps up.

Because of this, I can manage my current bandwidth quite well. ...And I don't feel "deprived", except a little on the upload side. 100+ KB/sec is generally good enough for me on file-sharing programs, because I'm a vetran of them as far back as the original Napster...and even before with BBS's, mIRC, FTP sites, etc...

My settings are more conservative than even the xx/384k as far as connections are concerned...but I set my upload speed to 36 KB/sec while downloading and 42 KB/sec while just seeding. I am often on nearly-dead torrents, so I set my active torrents about 5...because most stagger by at <10 KB/sec each down AND up!

Archived