Optimal settings thread?

stevvi

Would it be possible to start a sticky for folks to give their optimal settings? It does seem that a certain amount of tinkering is needed to get UT to work at it's best and trawling through the many posts here to get those pearls of wisdom takes ages.

Just a suggestion...

There isn't much to tweak in utorrent at all.

Well, via recommendations from this forum I have changed 5 of the default "advanced settings" (diskio.delay and diskio.write_queue_size by quite major amounts) in an effort to stop my h/disk thrashing every time I try to use my computer (15 secs to open Firefox while the h/disk tries to kill itself coz I'm running UT is a little hard to live with, especially since I moved from Azureus to stop this problem).

Please don't get me wrong. I am not putting UT down in anyway, it's just that a sticky to share settings that works for users seems a useful thing to me.

Yeah, I also chage some of the option in advance section. I think the easiest way(for dev.) is to update the 'faq' page. That page need some serious work, acutally if it updates everytime the new version come out that would be perfect. :evil:

Anyway, you can always use the search (your best friend) option. :D

Archived