utorrent wont start download, shows stopped but says started?

Sepheon

Hello, This just happened when i opened utorrent.

When i opened the program i got an error message saying something about an error opening file, i think it was an ini but i have not been able to find it. all i know is that it was associated with Utorrent in some way, but all thats in my program files/utorrent/ directory is the program and the uninstaller. where does utorrent install the rest of its associated files?

In any case.

---- The Problem ----

when i opened utorrent all my torrent showed the (o) Stop Icon. so i right-clicked them to select start, but start was already greyed, as if they were already started. i opened another torrent and it stopped and started just fine, with the down arrow and all. No matter what i do, the icon will not change to the down arrow. these torrents took me a very long time to download, many days of leaving my computer on overnight. they are only about 60% done and each is just over 8GB. i really really really dont want to start them over. what do i do? they will not pause, they will not start, they just sit there in stop mode and dont download.

any help or theories are welcome. thanks for your time.

Try backing up your .torrent files, deleting ALL of µTorrent's settings (read FAQ for how!), and then reinstalling µTorrent.

You'll have to tell µTorrent to download to the same place for each torrent, and also do a force recheck...but you should only lose partial pieces...which you lose every time you shut down µTorrent anyway.

hi again, thanks for the quick response!!

i was really hoping this would do it... but unfortunately those files are still stuck on inactive (o) mode! this is very frustrating because i had other incomplete torrents and they work fine after erasing all the setting files and reinstalling.

ARRGGH! DOWN ARROW ICON WHY HAVE U FORSAKEN ME!!!

on another note, this all started when my computer randomly restarted while playing wow, (winamp and utorrent were running in the background) when i relogged in and opened utorrent i got the error and this problem... but why just these files?!!?

i dont understand, there cant be a problem with the torrent files themselves because utorrent does not edit these. so if i have the parts of the files i downloaded and the .torrent file that corresponds, why wont it just recount the percent of the files that i have and proceed to download the rest like any other torrent transaction?!?

T_T

I've seen a virus/trojan/spyware mess up so many subsystem DLL files that the computer could spontaneously reboot for no apparent reason at all...or something silly like when the screensaver enabled or disabled. Antivirus and antispyware scanning/detection software helps...but not against 0-day attacks.

Archived