This is both odd and annoying...Please help

troglodytes

Ok, to begin I have been using torrents for years, and consider myself to know alot, but this latest problem befuddles me. It used to be that when I would upload a torrent to my private tracker, I would just upload straight up until every had the file. Easy as pie. Now, however, I am having problems, I cannot make any connections unless utorrent is in initial-seeding mode. I would not mind this, except that the torrent will seed for about half an hour and then just stop and it will not make a connection again until I manually stop and then restart the torrent. This is the second upload in a row that this problem has occurred. I do not have any firewall, NAT, or connectability problems, and I have been uploading for years and never had this problem til now. I'm thinking back to see if there is any program I have installed which might be causeing this, but there aren't any. Basically I just want to be able to connect to the leechers and upload the torrent without having to reset the connection manually every half hour. If anyone knows a solution to this problem PLEASE let me know. Thanks so much.

I have not, I thought that was for when your ISP is either limiting or blocking uploads. As far as I know Comcast is not on that list.

Edit: I tried your suggestion and it started to seed like it usually does when I first start it. I'll leave it running for a while, and if there seems to be no problems, I guess my problems have been solved. Thanks a lot.

Archived