Choose files on torrent open

infirmus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
yeah this is indeed a great feature and it's the one stopping me from swithching to utorrent. can't wait to see it implemented ;)

to all those saying this is already covered by going to the files tab and select do not download i have to say: not true. first of all the way this is implemented in bitcomet is far more practical (select all, unselect...). more importantly though bitcomet only needs as much space on the hdd as ONLY the files you have selected to download need and not like utorrent or azureus which still need space for the complete torrent even if you only select a 100kb file out of a 5gb torrent (try deleting those dummy not-to-be-downloade files that azureus makes and it stops working giving an error, while bitcomet is more robust and doesn't care at all about any other files except for those it is actually downloading or seeding = much better obviously). oh yeah bitcomet does so even though i have "allocate disk space before downloading" activated, so that's not the solution either.

other than that utorrent is great and i cant wait to switch over completely, keep up the good work :)

Thats not true, nor azureus or utorrent don't need to keep full torrent size, its configurable. If Azureus or uTorrent start to download new piece of file, they have to fill it up. If you just stop torrent after adding to program (or set 'add in stopped state' in options, both i Az and uT), and choose what files you want and what not, clients won't download them (except sometimes these files near 'do download' files - dunno its bug or not, exist both in az and ut). I agree its better done in Bitcomet, but its isn't exactly as you said.

I think this option is very important, and i would really love it, since i use it quite often in Bitcomet.

for example;

If you have a torrent with a few GB's of data, and you only need 100mb of files.

You first have to get the torrent started, this way it allocates all the diskspace (space you may not have left on your disk), and only then can you deselect the files you don't want..

""Ow I'm sorry this was said before ;)""

This is a BAD idea. You are allowing people to reck the intended torrent file. Then when others come along, like myself, we can't get a full 100% download 'cause all of you don't want the jpeg or nfo files. Don't reck what the torrent creator had intended. µtorrent is a great program, lets keep it as such for people who want to recieve the FULL files as they were intended. Lazy, shurely lazzzzzy.

wtf.. now you can choose to NOT download certain files so your arguments are kinda ..... The request is to make it easier.. why not since they arent going to be downloaded anyways??.. (i olmost never download samples for example!!).. So maybe you should remove the "files" tab altogheter??.. weird

btw, is this why Vurlix left?

edit: made the important part bold! :)

Archived