Serious ratio errors: uploads being reported as downloads!

loudboy77

Hi!

I've recently joined another online torrent forum, which has very strict ratio guidlelines. I've done my absolute best to stick to their rules, and in fact have uploaded about 3 times more than I've downloaded. The problem is something called "upload leakage" I've been told... For all the uploads I do, my downloads increase even more.... so I can't improve my ratio, and uploading seems to make it worse!

They insist on disabling DHP and Peer exchange (whatever they are) and I've done that... but still the problem persists... I upload a gigabyte... it reports I've downloaded 2 more... when actually I haven't received a single byte.

As a result I'm close to being banned from their forum as to them it looks like I'm a leech, when the opposite is true!

Is anyone here able to offer some reasons on why this is happening? And how to fix it?

Cheers,

LB77

Just a note (not the cause of your problem): If you skip files within a torrent (set it to "don't download") the torrent will show as downloading on the tracker forever. This is correct as you are only counted as a seed if you have 100% of the torrent (what you haven't if you skipped something). But this is no problem, upload and download amounts should be counted properly and the ratio can be calculated correctly (if the tracker isn't buggy).

Only problem of this behaviour: Sometimes I'm on a tracker that allows only 2 files downloading at once. If you have two such files uTorrent shows complete but you've skipped files your download slots on the tracker are full. Only solution is to allow downloading of the missing files to get the torrent really complete or to cancel the torrent.

Sumi Vano

• 2 months later...

"Only problem of this behaviour: Sometimes I'm on a tracker that allows only 2 files downloading at once. If you have two such files uTorrent shows complete but you've skipped files your download slots on the tracker are full. Only solution is to allow downloading of the missing files to get the torrent really complete or to cancel the torrent."

I've been encountering this annoying problem lately, and am wondering if there is an advanced option or something that will make uTorrent report to the tracker that my download is complete rather than incomplete. Right now the only two options are to download the full torrent, including all the files within that you don't need or want, or stop the torrent altogether which is obviously bad if your ratio is below 1:1. The less download slots available to you on the tracker you're using, the worse this problem becomes.

Archived