Where are the settings files?

PhilA

http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#Where_are_the_settings_and_.torrent_files_stored.3F

It's answered in the FAQ anyway ;o If you haven't already done so, you should probably read the FAQ. You might learn about stuff in µTorrent you didn't know about before, but were wondering/unsure about (I know I did the last time I combed through it to update my manual).

Thanks for all your help. I've read the FAQ when I first found the site, but it was so large I must admit to skimming through much of it, especially the parts related to things I don't understand, (and which didn't explain them). But I'm definitely going to reread it.

I found through the run command the settings stored in the same directory as my torrents, which on XP is by default- Documents and settings\<user name>\My Documents

I use "save as" for torrent links, so I skip right by that too. IE won't be saving my .torrent files anywhere by default except where I tell it to.

I've seen too many viruses and trojans come in via web links that weren't what they were supposed to be, that's why I use "save as".

Archived