HDD Space Meter

anonymous_

I'm constantly downloading stuff so it sometimes gets hard to keep track of space, one day it might be 50GB free, the other 1GB. And since most of this space is used up by torrents, then it would make sense to put in some kind of meter to show how much space there is left on the target drive. This is a mockup I made:

mockuprd5.jpg

what do you think?

That severely limits the actual usefulness of the graph. I'd presume one might want that graph to see how much space is in each hard drive, so to select which drive to download into. If you have to go around clicking each and every torrent to check every drive, it sounds like more work than just going to My Computer.

• 1 month later...

I would love to have this feature but, have an option with a meter to show how much room and how much needed for current downloading torrents.

Like in cd/dvd burner programs where you add data and usually they have a meter of how big the cd/dvd is and if you've gone over allotted disk space.

In the emule client for the ed2k network that I am using there already is such a function but even more usefull. In that client in its preferences you can set a specific lower limit on HD space that you allow. If the space then drops below this value the client then automatically stops all downloads and their progressbars get a yellow/black striped color like a wasp informing you that you are out of space for the downloads. Me personally have set this limit to 3GB.

Very handy function that I would like to be added to µTorrent

When it comes to a HDD space meter I dont think it is neccessary for a fancy big graphic for it. Instead all drives and their space could be listed in the connection status bar at the bottom of µTorrents window about 50% of that area is now just empty so there is room there.

Archived