bind_ip not working

senseix

I noticed that the bind to ip was moved from the Network Options which was the section in previous versions, and now its in advanced options. The problem is its not working in version 1.1.7.2 and so i had to revert back to 1.1.6.1 still its not working, i can see through monitoring that its still using the wrong lan card even tho i'm giving it the value 192.168.1.2 ect... but its using 192.168.1.3 :( i would really like to see a fix for this as my main server has 2 lan cards and so you can see how that would be needed. Btw this option does work in bitcomet so i know it can be done even on my system:P

Ok here is an update, i did some testing what i did was disabled the 192.168.1.3 and utorrent then reverted to 192.168.1.2 which is good, but if i enable 192.168.1.3 and then disable 192.168.1.2 uTorrent goes back to using 192.168.1.3. I dont want to to ever use this lan card thats why i'm selecting the other ip, so maybe this isn't an option internally yet but i'd like to see one added to where if you add an ip for utorrent to use it will not go and use another one if the ip in question is disabled instead it will just not connect like bitcomet and bitspirit do.

wonderful, other than that i love this program and would hate to use another so i'll be eagerly await the fix:) If you need any more information or would like me to test something with the settings please just ask i have no trouble trying to give more precise input thanks.

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. Before the bind_ip seemed to work but I think it was just Windows taking preference on the higher speed interface. But now that I manually set the interface metric so that the card I don't want utorrent using is the default.

• 2 weeks later...

chocoz that worked for me too, thanks for the heads up. Here is a link for others that dont know what were talking about, hxxp://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;299540 I just changed the card i wanted to use for Utorrent to the lower number like 1 and the card i didn't want to use to 2 and as chocoz said it has resolved this issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried µtorrent (just grabbed v1.2.2) for the first time this morning, and man it's slick!

However, I want to add that this bind_ip thing still doesn't work; I have 3 disjoint (separate) DSL connections connected to a single server (w/3 NICs) and want binding to one specific NIC (the ISP with unlimited usage) and though µtorrent *does* bind it's listening sockets to the correct IP, all other communication is left to Windows to route, which sends it through the default (wrong) gateway.

I told ludde about it, he's gonna add in another option to control what adapter outgoing connections use in the near future. :P

No disrespect intended, but how about making bind do what it's supposed to (or rename the option to listening_ip): bind/lock/stick all communication to the given IP, and add the other option for "listening" only; If I bind a program to an IP, it best use that IP for *everything* whereas if I set a listening IP, then it should only accept incoming connections on that IP, and use whatever other IP's for outgoing (like it appears to do now, which isn't binding, it's listening).

Archived